When new group of LUNS is mapped to the host by multiple HBA ports. An OS device scan is issued for the LUNs to be recognized and added to DMP control.
- Identify the LUNs to be added.Use Storage Array Management to identify the IDs for the above LUNs.
- Map/Mask the concerned LUNs to the new target IDs on multiple host ports.
- Perform a Solaris device scan. For example:
#cfgadm -c configure c2 #cfgadm -c configure c3 #devfsadm -Cv
- If required, write an OS Label on the LUNs using the fmthard command.
- Perform a device scan with Volume Manager:
# vxdctl enable
- Verify that the devices are correctly added by answering the following questions:
V-5-1-13788 Data Corruption Protection Activated - User Corrective Action Needed vxvm:vxconfigd: [ID 702911 daemon.notice] V-5-1-13789 LUN serial number 6005076306FFC528000000000000112D of old node c3t50050 76306184528d11 does not match with LUN serial number 6005076306FFC528000000000000112F of new node c3t5005076306184528d11 even though both have same device number 118/376
The above message indicates that a new LUN is attempting to reuse the target ID of an older LUN. The device entries have not been cleaned, so the new LUN cannot use the target ID. DMP prevents this operation until the OS device tree is cleaned up.